Laser Hair Removal Factoids
Laser hair removal is a non-surgical way to permanently remove unwanted coarse, dark body hair. Over the course of a few treatments (the exact number depends on the size and location of the treatment area and they type of hair), the laser kills the hair follicle at the root. It is an excellent alternative to shaving, waxing, and tweezing.
Spring is a great time to start your laser hair removal treatment because then youll be done in time for bathing suit season! And you can have laser hair removal done on almost any part of the body- legs, underarms, bikini line, back, etc. Weve rounded up a few interesting facts about laser hair removal, for those who want to know more about the treatment:
- The average client will need between four and six treatment sessions to see permanent results, though some respond within two sessions, and some respond within ten or more. It all depends on your skin color, hair color, hair texture, and location of the treatment area.
- The easiest hair to remove with a laser is dark, coarse hair on light skin. Clients with darker skin and lighter hair will have difficulty because the laser will not be able to target the pigment in the hair.
- Clients with red, blonde, or gray hair will not have results that are as dramatic as clients with darker hair.
- While the laser treatment will kill the hairs it targets, it is common for the laser to miss some hairs in the treatment area. If you find a missed spot after your sessions are over, you can go back for a touch-up session to correct it.
- Every client experiences the treatment differently and has a different pain tolerance, but most people describe the laser as a slight snapping feeling, like that of a rubber band on the skin. Most clients dont require any sort of anesthesia for treatment.
- You might feel like you have a slight sunburn after treatment. Be sure to wear sunscreen if you are going to be out in the sun afterwards, especially if the treatment area is one that isnt covered by clothes.
- A plastic surgeon or an esthetician can perform laser hair removal, but be sure whoever does your treatment is licensed and experienced. A board certified surgeon or a licensed esthetician will have more training in safety and will be better able to assess your potential for results and give you your desired outcome.
Call us at (703) 574-2588 for more info or to schedule a consultation. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!