– Contraindications to Botox include known allergy to botulinum toxin, certain neuromuscular disorders, or if you are pregnant or nursing. Please inform us of any allergies or medical conditions you may have.
– Avoid blood thinning medications such as Ibuprofen (Motrin or Advil), Aspirin, naproxen (Aleve) for 5 days prior to your treatment and for 3 days after. These may increase your chances of bruising. Inform your doctor if you are on any prescription blood thinning medications (do not stop taking prescription medications unless specifically instructed to do so).
– Do not drink alcohol or take Vitamin E the day prior to treatment and the day after your treatment as this can also increase bruising.
– Schedule your treatment at least 2 weeks prior to a big event to allow the results to fully appear and so that any bruising has time to resolve.
– Be sure to have a good breakfast/lunch on the day of your procedure. This will reduce the chance of any lightheadedness during the procedure.
– Botox truly is a no down time procedure and there are few restrictions following a Botox treatment. We recommend the following guidelines.
– You may notice small areas of redness and/or small bumps at the injection sites immediately following your treatment. These will resolve quickly, usually within 15 minutes.
– Refrain from heavy exercise for 24 hours after your treatment.
– Avoid lying down for 4 hours after your injections.
– It can be helpful to make facial expressions purposely after receiving Botox, such as smiling and frowning to help the Botox to find its way into the muscle.
– Avoid rubbing the areas that have been treated with Botox for the first 48 hours.
– You may apply makeup after any pinpoint bleeding has resolved.
– Your treatment will take effect in 3-7 days. We recommend that you make a follow up appointment for 2 weeks after your treatment so that we can evaluate your results and determine if any adjustments to your dose need to be made, especially if this is your first time getting Botox with us.
For more detailed information about side effects of Botox, please sign up to our 5 Day Botox eCourse below.
Take our 5 Day Botox eCourse
Our Free Botox eCourse includes: