Dermal Filler Facts
Dermal fillers are injectable substances used to fill in depressions in the face. These depressions can be deep wrinkles and folds (like the ones you get from the corner of your nose to the lips), pitted acne scars or other scars, crows feet, sunken cheeks, or thin lips.
Dermal filler injections are one of the most popular non-surgical cosmetic procedures. It can usually be done on a lunch break, and requires no time off from work. You can also combine dermal fillers with other procedures to customize your treatment. Here are a few interesting facts for those considering dermal fillers:
- Some fillers can be dissolved instantly with another injection, so if you dont like your results you can reverse them!
- Dermal fillers can last anywhere from six months to two years, depending on the substance you select.
- Most patients do not need an anesthetic for the procedure, but your surgeon may provide you with a topical numbing cream if requested.
- Man-made fillers are often hypo-allergenic and free of animal products, which can be important to patients who have a tendency to allergic reactions to synthetic substances.
- Dermal filler injections are one of the lowest-risk procedures available.
- Only dermal fillers from animal products have an allergen risk.
- There is no age limit on who can get dermal fillers once the patient is 18 years old.
- You can even use your own fat as a dermal filler, if you dont want to use a synthetic substance. This is called analogous filler, and is another good alternative for patients worried about an allergic reaction.
Dermal fillers are an excellent companion treatment to Botox. Botox is a medicine that blocks nerve signals to selected facial muscles, which relaxes the appearance of existing wrinkles and prevents them from deepening. We are currently offering free Botox on Wednesdays, so you have a great opportunity to come in and ask any questions about dermal fillers while youre here for your treatment!
Call us at (703) 574-2588 for your free Botox treatment or for a dermal filler consultation in Northern Virginia. Follow us on Twitter or Facebook!