Interesting Botox Facts
Were offering free Botox in our offices on Wednesdays through the month of June! For those of you who have questions about the procedure, check out our Botox page here. For those of you who are already familiar with Botox, weve gathered some interesting facts you just might not know about it:
- Botox isnt just used for cosmetic purposes. It can help people who suffer from a wide range of illnesses or disorders, from migraine headaches to weak bladders.
- Do you sweat too much? Botox can also be used to treat hyperactive sweat glands. Just as the medication blocks the nerves that stimulate wrinkle-forming facial muscles, it can also block over active sweat glands.
- A combination of dermal fillers and Botox can be used to fill in wrinkles and prevent them from worsening- this is known as a liquid facelift and is a great alternative to surgery for those who dont want to deal with the downtime.
- The percentage of patients who do not respond to Botox is under one percent. That means it is over 99 percent effective in treating wrinkles.
- The treatment can become more effective over time. Meaning, if you have a few courses of Botox, the muscle memory begins to fade. So once the last treatment fades, your muscles might still refuse to form wrinkles. This is one reason its a good idea to get more than one course of treatment back to back.
- Almost any doctor can legally give the injections. However, it can be unsafe to use any doctor, and the results might not be satisfactory. Use a board certified plastic surgeon to be sure youll get the best results and the safest injections.
- The affects of the injections will be visible within one to three days. You can actually see the wrinkles relaxing over time.
- You can use Botox at any age; in fact, its a good idea to start treatment as early as your 20s or 30s, to prevent deep wrinkle formation before they even start forming.
Call us at (703) 574-2588 with any questions or to schedule your free Botox treatment. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for practice news!